This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on product links. For more information, please see our Advertiser Disclosure
With the summer season approaching, new fashion trends are being rolled out by the industry. One of the more popular mall boutiques for the ladies out there, The Limited, has its fair share of die hard fans and loyal shoppers. That is why they have made it beneficial to be dedicated with their two tiered store card, The Limited Credit Card. However, you don’t have to be a high end spender to benefit big from being a cardholder.
When you sign up for The Limited Credit Card, you are considered a Classic member. This is The Limited’s modest spender account. As a Classic member you have the benefit of a wide array of perks and rewards exclusive only to The Limited.
The Limited Rewards Program
Like most cards, there is a standard point per dollar model to their program. Meaning, for every dollar you spend, you will receive one point toward your reward account. However, what makes The Limited’s reward program enticing, is the fact that for every 300 points earned as a Classic member you’ll receive a $15 gift coupon. This actually averages out to 5% cash back which is extremely lucrative for a credit cards rewards program
Limited Pricing Details
There is no annual fee to use this card, but like most store credit cards, there is a very high interest rate charged to the card, due to the more lax credit score needed. At 24.99%, The Limited Credit Card should be paid off monthly to maximize the benefits of the card, otherwise, despite all of the great perks, this card becomes a money loser.
Those monthly benefits include …
- Free Hem Service – Find a stunning pair of pants but find them to be a hair too long? The Limited will offer you their free hem service to tighten things up for you.
- Monthly Coupon Books – Upward of $75 in savings per month from these books. However, considering the amount of The Limited coupons that come through my e-mail and junk mail weekly, these may or may not be exclusive.
- Birthday Gift – Every year, during the month of your birthday, The Limited will send you an exclusive birthday discount.
- Access to private events and season previews – Be the first to get a sneak peak and purchase the seasons new garb.
Then, once you spend your 800th dollar using your Limited Credit Card, you are automatically upgraded to Couture member; a more exclusive club of The Limited’s more regular users. Not only do you still retain all of the perks and benefits of being a Classic member, but there are added bonuses such as:
- Upgraded Rewards – Instead of needing to earn 300 points for every $15 off, you only need to earn 250 points to cash them in for a $15 gift coupon. This means you actually yield 6% cash back!
- Free Shipping on All Online Orders – Very convenient and a big time money saver for those who dabble in the world of online cloth shopping.
- Bonus Gift – Free gifts are free gifts and while I have no idea what that free gift is, it could be great or it could be a mystery box.
The ultimate deciding factor on the true value of this card is simple. How often do you shop at The Limited?. If you spend over $800 per year (meaning, you really love The Limited), this is one store card you might want to look into. Its high yielding rewards in-store plus the exclusive perks for being a The Limited regular make the The Limited Credit Card worth it if and only if you are a faithful The Limited shopper.
However, to maximize this card’s quality, you will need to make sure you pay your balance off in its entirety monthly. If you do, this is one store credit card that actually looks valuable.
*The content in this article is accurate at the publishing date, and may be subject to changes per the card issuer.
There is nothing we value more than the opinions of our customers. We encourage open discussions among all users and hope we can all share advice. Please keep our site clean and safe by following our posting guidelines and please, don’t disclose personal information like your credit card numbers or account information.
These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.